Food Industries and Processing
Golden Isles Food Industry Snapshot
Companies in the food industry sector are challenged with the need for high efficiency in everything they do. Identifying the right people, and mix of assets is paramount for this industry. The Golden Isles have been the perfect place for global brands like Rich Products Corporation and King and Prince Seafood because of the regions:
- Available workforce
- Low-cost of business
- Logistics and transportation
Food Industry Workforce Snapshot
Huge Supply – Brunswick and Glynn County, Georgia is a hotspot for this kind of talent. The national average for an area this size is 3,582 employees, while there are 6,174 here.
Low Cost – cost for talent is low in Glynn County, Georgia. The national median salary for your occupations is $22,120, while you’ll pay $19,709 here.
High Demand – Competition from online job postings is high in Glynn County, GA. The national average for an area this size is 106 job postings/mo, while there are 188 here.
Logistics and Transportation
- Brunswick-Golden Isles Airport – located in Glynn County and offers three daily flights to Atlanta via Delta
- Jacksonville International Airport – 45 minute drive south on I-95
- Savannah International Airport – One hour north on I-95
- Interstate 95
- U.S. Highways 341 and 82
- One hour drive time to both I-16 to the north and I-10 to the south
- Port of Brunswick – located in Glynn County
- Port of Savannah – one hour north via I-95
- Port of Jacksonville – one hour south via I-95
- Glynn County is served by two Class I railroads, Norfolk Southern and CSX
- Port of Brunswick is also rail-served via a shortline, the Colonel’s Island Railroad
- View all rail served sites in Glynn County >>
Talk to me about your food industry business
I am here and ready to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision about locating in the Golden Isles.
Contact me to see how I can help >> 912-265-6629 | email@example.com