Things to do in Brunswick and Glynn County
While the ocean is one of the biggest attractions for visitors to the Georgia’s Golden Isles, there are several other activities to enjoy during your stay. The pleasant temperature and beautiful scenic backdrop provide ample opportunities to enjoy the outdoors. Quaint shopping boutiques, first-class dining experiences and historical tours of the Islands and mainland deliver a one-of-a-kind experience that will make your trip unforgettable.
Residents of Brunswick and the Golden Isles are envied throughout the state – they can step outside their front doors, right into Georgia’s coastal playground! While the area is booming with business, industry and construction, when the workday is done, a relaxing park or recreational venue is often right on your way home. It’s important to maintain a healthy balance between progress and the environment, and here in Brunswick and the Golden Isles, we respect and preserve both so that the area remains Georgia’s favorite place to work, live and play.
Activities abound in Brunswick and the Golden Isles
• 234 holes of the most visually stunning, professionally designed and immaculately maintained golf courses in the nation
• 69 public and private tennis courts
• Boating, sailing, waterskiing, parasailing, diving, wandering the beaches or lazing poolside
• Fishing presents challenges: each day anglers must choose between inshore, offshore, Gulfstream and deep sea, trolling, bottom fishing or flounder gigging for redfish, Spanish mackerel, jacks, sharks, tarpons or the mighty kingfish
• 28 parks throughout the county ranging from playgrounds in residential neighborhoods to a 1,326-acre campground. The City of Brunswick also offers parks, recreation facilities and programs.
You’ll find extensive bike trails on St. Simons and Jekyll Island, uncrowded beaches, and open waters for boating, fishing, kayaking and other water sports. Nature walks, camping, fishing, swimming, horseback riding, boating, golf, historic tours, beautiful city parks…when it comes to outdoor recreation, Brunswick and the Golden Isles truly offer something for everyone.
If you really want to learn about what there is to do in Brunswick and the Golden Isles, visit the Golden Isles Convention and Visitors Bureau.