Metals, Machinery and Chemical Manufacturing
Advanced manufacturing in Glynn County, Georgia, is well established, and an integral part of the local economy and represents many of our top employers.
Manufacturing companies in Georgia can lower their costs, take leaps in innovation, and secure their business advantage with Georgia’s advanced transportation and logistics network. And by using Quick Start, the nation’s #1 workforce training program, manufacturing companies get cost-free training whenever and wherever they want—in classrooms, in mobile labs, or right in their manufacturing facility.
With an average manufacturing wage well below the national average, and a “Single Factor Gross Receipts” apportionment formula that treats a manufacturing company’s gross receipts—or sales in Georgia—as the only relevant factor in determining the company’s income subject to tax, manufacturing companies are able to control costs and reduce their tax burden. Plus, the Georgia Department of Economic Development’s extensive market knowledge and supplier connections help manufacturing companies streamline their processes, maximize productivity, and accelerate revenue growth.
How Georgia Supports Your Manufacturing Company
- Georgia’s power costs, which are well below the national average
- 4,700 miles of railway
- 118,777 miles of public highways
- 2 deep-water seaports in Savannah and Brunswick
- Reach 80 percent of the U.S. market within a two-day truck haul or two-hour flight from the world’s busiest, most efficient airport – Hartsfield – Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- 10 international offices that service programs to help you penetrate global markets
“Certainly the decision to do business here was based on the quality of life, but also geographic location. The Brunswick Landing Marina enjoys an ideal location with easy access and a very protected basin. For Kut Kwick it is important to be connected to other coastal cities by the interstate and four major ports so that we can get the supplies we require and sell our products more efficiently. The other Torras companies located in Glynn County benefit from these and additional reasons.”
Daren Pietsch, Torras Family Companies, https://kutkwick.com/
Manufacturing Works in the Southeast
- Low unionization rates in Georgia (2.5%)
- Right-to-work state
- Technical College System offers a wide range of skills training for manufacturing including Lean Six Sigman
- Center of Innovation for Manufacturing, which has an R&D-friendly manufacturing training center for prototyping and testing manufacturing ideas, products and processes
Talk to me about your manufacturing business
I am here and ready to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision about locating in the Golden Isles.
Contact me to see how I can help >> 912-265-6629 | firstname.lastname@example.org