Business Tax Environment
The local and state tax environment provide your business with competitive tax advantages to start and grow in the Golden Isles. Qualified businesses may be eligible for local incentives in the Golden Isles and our county has a long history supporting a low cost for business.
Georgia’s corporate tax rate has been kept low for half a century and bases your tax obligation on one factor: your sales inside Georgia.
Golden Isles Benefits
- Glynn County, district 2 millage rate 24.03
- City of Brunswick, millage rate 37.25
- Annual occupancy tax/business registration based on employees, not sales or industry
- 5.75% corporate tax rate
- Single factor appointment, in-state sales being the only factor determining your state income tax liability
- Potential for additional savings through state tax credits and exemptions