Brunswick State of the Port Recap
The Georgia Port’s Authority is committed to delivering creative solutions for the customers of their ports. In the Golden Isles, customers are served by the Port of Brunswick and its two terminals- Colonel’s Island and Mayor’s Point.
At this October’s “State of the Port” GPA Executive Director Griff Lynch shared with an audience of nearly 600 the past year’s impact and future plans of the Brunswick Port. In addition to the 11,000 jobs that the Port’s activity supports, Lynch shared new data from the past year and future developments to support the growth of GPA in Brunswick.
- No.2 fastest-growing Ro/Ro gateway in the U.S.
- In FY2019, the Port of Brunswick handled a total of 614,000 units of Roll-on/Roll-off cargo, an increase of 4 percent.
- A new contract will extend GPA and BMW’s relationship for another 20 years
- 40 -acre dockside expansion will add 14,100 feet of track will increase capacity for autos in Brunswick and expand service to new markets.
- In FY2019, Mayor’s Point handled 81,500 tons of breakbulk cargo
- FRAM Renewable Fuels expects to grow its exports to a million tons in Calendar Year 2019
- Mayor’s Point Terminal has gone 11 consecutive years without a lost-time accident
Lynch and attendees also recognized the tremendous work from the U.S. Coast Guard on rescuing members from the cargo vessel Golden Ray. The Coast Guard, Brunswick Bar Pilots, and port workers were instrumental in the safety of crew members and reopening the Port of Brunswick after the vessel capsized in September. For photos and highlights of the event visit http://bit.ly/StateofPort
It’s been an exciting year for the Port of Brunswick, which is fueling investment and new opportunities for its customers.
To discuss the available land and buildings accessible to the Port of Brunswick, call the Golden Isles Development Authority at 912-265-6629 or email Vanessa Wagner, Director of Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org