6 Things to Know about the College of Coastal Georgia
October 9, 2019
This week the College of Coastal Georgia is celebrating the inauguration of their sixth president, Michelle R. Johnston, Ph.D.
The past five years have seen tremendous changes for the college. As the school continues to implement its Coastal Vision 2021 strategic plan, the opportunities for students, residents, and local businesses are expanding in the Golden Isles of Georgia.
In celebration of the sixth president to oversee the next wave of expansion, here are six things you should know about the CGGA and its new leadership:
- CGGA hosts its programs in 3 schools: Art & Sciences, Business & Public Management, and Nursing & Health Science
- The academic programs lead to 20 bachelors degrees, four associate degrees and, two general associate programs
- The Mariner athletic program is a member of the Sun Conference and often is a leader for both the men and women’s golf program
- In September of 2019, the school announced the addition of a Data Science degree beginning in the Spring of 2020. The Data Science program will launch with five concentrations in computational data analytics, healthcare analytics, financial analytics, marketing, and entrepreneurship.
- In 2018 the nursing program at Coastal Georgia was ranked No.2 in the state by RegisteredNursing.org using data from 2014-17.
- Coastal Georgia attracts diverse talent. Dr. Johnson brings to the campus ten years of service as a faculty member and more than 20 years in administration, with positions at the University of Montevallo, University of Louisiana-Monroe, Mississippi State University, and Wood College. She also serves as Chair, to the Marine Corps University Board.
The Inauguration celebration invites the community to participate in a variety of ways. Visit https://www.ccga.edu/ to learn more about how you can get involved this week or learn more about the College of Coastal Georgia.